Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Summer Savor.7

One of my daily favorite things about summer is my plants. I enjoy my morning strolls around the yard and the deck checking out what has bloomed, what has grown and unfortunately what has become salad bar for the deer. This year we (my kids and I) planted a good number of annuals from seed. It has been so exciting for all of us to watch the whole growing process. The fact that something does what it is designed to do is awesome. I'm sure God watches us with the same excitement. When we grow and bloom in our walk with Him, He's got to be just tickled. He created us for relationship with Him and when we partake of that we're right where He designed us to be.
The whole growing process is just that, a process. I'm still waiting on some of my plants to bloom. God's still waiting on me to bloom in some (many) areas. I love that He didn't create us to be perfect. He created us to be in need of His perfection. So as I see those sunflowers everyday following the sun with their faces...I am reminded that is exactly what I need to do too.

"We, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory are being transformed into His likeness with ever increasing glory, which comes from the Lord." 2 Corinthians 3:18

2 comments:

Mary said...

That is a great analogy Lisa!

Kristyn Knits said...

you're blooming just perfectly!