Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Judah!

My friend Kelly had a baby at the end of July. This was her tenth baby. Yes, you read that right. She and her husband are the parents of TEN children. No, they are not on a lifetime reality show, although they could be. Their children range in age from 4 weeks (Judah) to 23. I'm always amazed at her organization and sense of calm when I go to her house. Anyways, it was great to see her and to meet Judah. He was so awake and alert while we were there. What a cutie!I brought some knit goodness that I made especially for Judah. That is the Sweet Pea hat by Susan B. Anderson. I knit it using Tahki Cotton Classic. I really like this yarn. It is a mercerized cotton and it has just a bit of sheen to it. I had enough yarn left over to knit a pair of Saarjte's Booties. I prayed for him and for her as I knit them. Kelly laughed when she opened the hat. She says she already calls him her sweet pea! How sweet is that!

2 comments:

Kristyn Knits said...

beautiful hat and booties!
TEN??? she needs to write a book.
wait...she doesn't have time for that! she's raising 10 children!

Mary said...

So cute!