Saturday, February 20, 2010

swap!

My small change for February was for our family to do away with paper napkins.  So, we made the switch to exclusively using cloth napkins.  So far...so good.  When I originally posted about that small change there was some interest generated in having a cloth napkin swap.  Courtney actually suggested it...so we've been 'talking'.  Courtney and I are excited about the swap and it sounds like several of you are as well. 

So, here's the nitty gritty:
Leave a comment here with your email address so I can get in touch with you.  {If you have a blog, make sure you're signed in, in order for me to get your address....sometimes I get that no reply comment thingy...that won't help me get in touch with you.}  If you don't want to leave your email address in the comment section...send me an email instead.  My email is on my side bar.  Once everyone has signed up, you will be paired with a partner and you and your partner will swap a set of 6 handmade cloth napkins ~ 16" square. (version 1...directions here.)
Here's the mother in me coming out, but if you sign up, you need to follow through with making and sending your napkins to your partner.  We've all been the recipient of a secret Santa exchange gone bad...and you know how that feels.   So, sign up under 'Scouts Honor'.  You and your partner can be in touch with each other and share addresses and color preferences once you get their name.  Just think, you'll be making a new friend as well as getting 6 napkins!  So, if you're commited to making 6 napkins and sending them off to a new friend, leave a comment or send me an email.  Hopefully, we'll get a flickr group set up so you can post pictures of your napkins as you make and receive them.  The deadline for sign ups is the end of next week....2/27.  I'll aim to get you your partner's information by March 6th...You should plan on having your napkins in the mail along with your taxes by April 15th...sound good? 
Oh! and Courtney made a button (isn't it cute!?) if you participate feel free to grab it and add it to your blog!
napkin swap button

29 comments:

Kristina said...

I'm in! Please, email me at gmpklp @ bellsouth . net

The WoodLand School said...

Yippee! You know I'm in!
:-)

Leah said...

I'd love to join your swap! :)terrytribe@gmail.com

Green Acres in the City said...

I am in. I was just making new napkins for us today for spring.

Becky said...

I would love to be in the swap.

handforth@cox.net

Anonymous said...

I'm in too!
awsmrn2000@yahoo.com

Meg said...

I'm in, too! carocaitbob@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Count me in...Maria at mysimpledayinthecountry at gmail dot com.

Blessings...

larissa said...

i'm in too! how fun!

knittinbrit_in_wi said...

Count me in! I'm email you privately!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

I'm in....And you know how to reach me! (Thanks for coordinating this).

courtneyricole said...

How exciting! I'm enjoying reading your blog and excited to make small changes with you! :) courtney@courtneyricole.com

From All Stitched Up said...

I'm in and looking forward to the fun! Thanks for organizing this. You can reach me at elizmiko@aol.com. I also promise to follow through!!!

Liz said...

Count me in!
estaats (at) eup.k12.mi.us

Designs on 47th Street said...

What a fun idea, Lisa. I'm sorry I'm not playing along this time (will there be another time?) I'm still counting on you to insist I oil up my sewing machine after yrs. of it sitting idle. :(

Have fun. this is a great swap!!! :) :) :)

Donna

Julie said...

Thanks for hosting this. Its nice to be able to participate even though I don't have a blog. Maybe some day I will. Please email, dewysej@tds.net

Tracy said...

Count me in, Lisa... you know I can't resist! ;o) This is fun... Thank you! Happy Week ((HUGS))

beki said...

Count me in, please :-)

Shannon said...

I would love to do this! shannon(at)hillinger(dot)org.

momcnl said...

So excited!!! jbcnphills@gmail.com

Grasshopper said...

sounds like an adventure. sign me up!

Kristyn Knits said...

count me in too, please! :)
looking forward to a new adventure.

Ruth said...

Sign me up!! I would love to do this.

tenotspam-junk@yahoo.com

It's a weird one but it works.

Ruth

Kathy said...

What a great idea. We came to the small change challenge late, but we had a "strategy meeting" for our March change last night. Super excited.
We are also going paperless in the kitchen, but unfortunately, I can't sew, so no swap for me. Can't wait to see what everyone does.

Chris said...

I dont have a blog ...I hope thats ok I would love to Swap! email me
roznhockey@yahoo.com =)

Ellen said...

Fun! Any reason to buy more fabric is welcome, and even better if it's a treat for someone else. Email me at ellen@woodfin.us Can't wait!

Andria said...

If it's not to late I would love to join in! andriagoebel at gmail dot com

stringsofpurls said...

I guess I'm too late. What a lovely idea! I have been thinking of ways to save money. I heard Elisabeth Elliot talk about this sort of thing once. I have eliminated the use of paper towels in my kitchen and bathrooms. I have lots of rags and they are washed often. I have them just in case, but the same roll has been under the sink for a year now.
I have cloth napkins, but need to use them more and get rid of the paper! You've inspired me!

Sally said...

Love this idea!!! Thank you for sharing!!