Saturday, August 30, 2008

Pumpkin Liesl

I finally finished my Liesl. I am really happy with how this sweater turned out. It was a really fun knit. It was nice to be able to try it on as I went and get the length that I wanted. Once I got past the yoke, the pattern was easy to knit from memory. The only thing that gave me any trouble was the sleeves. For some reason, I had a hard time getting my lace pattern to line up. So after 3 tries on the right sleeve and 2 tries on the left, I got my lace to match. My 13 year old daughter has been eyeing this since I started it. She's been asking me when HER sweater would be done. It actually fits us both...just in totally different ways. I wish it fit me the way that it fits her. I think if I do make this again, I would make it two sizes larger or else pick a larger needle. That whole gauge thing really throws me sometimes.
Here it is with two buttons...not sure which way I like it the best. Buttons or not?

The details:
Yarn: Cotton Ease in Terracotta, although I'd call it pumpkin...
Needles: Size 10
Size: 38
For: Me and Maggie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks awesome, great job. my vote is buttons, but looks great either way.

Kristyn Knits said...

beautiful. beautiful. beautiful on you!

a friend to knit with said...

wow. i really love that!!