Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Yellow week: day 1 {Yella!}

It's Kristyn's fault. She encouraged me to join Erin's yellow week challenge. So I went over to House on Hill Road to check it out and then I joined the flickr group. I did all this at 10:00pm last night and then I went to bed with images of yellow in my head. WARNING!!! Don't look at flickr right before bed....I'm sure I slept, but I dreamed in gold and maize and yellow. So I'll be looking for splashes of yellow this week and I'll be capturing them with my camera. But I'm also going to be watching and 'looking' for glimpses of gold as well. The things that are "Son" kissed in my life, those things that are precious truths that I need to be reminded of during each day. Last week I was choosing pink (read the end of the post) and this week I'm watching for yellow. Lest you think it's a box of happy colors over here all the time, Sunday was a gray day for me...I was in a funk; grouchy and irritable. John asked if there was anything he could do to help change the color of my day. (so sweet) Some days are like that you know, you just seem to wake up with a black crayon in your hand. But, as the day went on, I lassoed my thoughts and made some changes in my focus and let go of that black crayon. I share that because I never want to perpetuate the lie that I've got it all together or that things are always sunshiny. Everyone has rough days, "sorrows come to stretch out places in the heart for joy." streams in the desert But I must remind myself during those times when everything looks gray, of His promises and of the treasures He's given me. So, that's my focus this week. Feel free to join in! "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that analogy - 'Waking up with the black crayon'. I'll remember in next time I have the black crayon!

Mary said...

Yellow is my favorite color! It makes me feel cheery.