Friday, May 1, 2009

smiling

I've been trying to get some yard/gardening work done which really makes me smile. I love being outside digging in the dirt, so I've not been too busy with knitting. As a matter of fact, I have nothing on the needles right now. I'm ready to start my Rusted Root sweater, I just haven't had time to swatch and actually cast on.Here are some other things that have been making me smile lately: A couple of weeks ago, I found this pattern for the Practically Hyperbolic Dishcloth. It sounds quite impressive. It's actually quite easy. I'm just a beginner crocheter and I found the pattern easy to read. They were fun to make and I know there will be more in my future. They are a great way to use up leftovers. The girls got invited to a birthday party last week and I tried out one of Leslie's package pillows. (I forgot to take a picture and remembered as we pulled up the party...:)) It was quick and easy to make. I think it took me less than 45 minutes from start to finish. That's something to smile about. Thanks Leslie! And from what I heard, the recipient really liked it. We tucked some money in the pocket as her main birthday gift. We've got a chock full weekend ahead of us: a baseball game, a piano concert, a mother/daughter tea, errands and church. Maybe I can squeeze in some knitting. I hope your weekend brings you some smiles and allows you some time to do something fun.

11 comments:

From All Stitched Up said...

Thanks for the pattern info. It really looks like alot of fun. Have a great weekend - sounds like you have lots of fun things to do.

Journeying Five said...

love the pillow, been tempted to make it too!

larissa said...

I love your dishcloth. The only crotchet i've ever done was as edging on a knitting project. I've always wanted to learn to make a granny square. maybe i'll grab a book next time we're at the library. The stripped fabric you chose for the package pillow is so great - it almost looks like wrapping paper! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Mary said...

There was so much to look at the sheep and wool festival. I still really love cormo wool. I saw there is a farm near where we live. Would you like to visit it with me? The yarn is softer than merino wool.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could crochet! I've tried but so far no luck. The pillow looks awesome....leave it to Leslie to come up with something so cleaver.

Have a great rest of your weekend!

Julia

a friend to knit with said...

oh, i am so happy the tutorial worked!!!

Kristyn Knits said...

this post {and your friendship} are making me smile today!

the dishcloths are perfect! love the rolling edge on them. even more beautiful in person.

and "oh no you dident" make that pillow!! there you go again jumping right in. looks lovely.

In our women's Bible study devotional for this week, Patsy Clairmont talks about her "mama's signposts." one of them is "wrap gifts carefully"..."the way a gift was wrapped was a reflection of how important the person was to you." I'm thinking about gift wrap in a new way. and this gift pillow makes me want to start that summer sewing even quicker. hmmm...Christmas wrap and tags are now on my brain.

have a wonderful week my friend.

Anonymous said...

awesome projects by an awesome talent. i am inspired by the care you take in doing for others.

Philigry said...

love that package pillow! so cute. hope you had a great weekend! i love the photo of the bleeding heart, too. beautiful.

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Love the package pillow. Too cute!

Anonymous said...

The pillow is lovely! It's such a good idea!