Friday, January 14, 2011

with eyes to the east

I'm so very thankful that His mercies are new every day.  I'm grateful for a brand new day....a new start and a new supply of grace.     

"Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:21-23
May your day be encouraged by knowing that He is faithful and His mercies are fresh for the picking every morning. 

11 comments:

Tracy said...

Thank you for this lovely reminder and inspiration, Lisa. Your image pairs so beautifully wit the verse. :o) Happy Days to you all ((HUGS))

Gigi said...

Beautiful post!
Wonderful weekend to you & yours,
G

Anonymous said...

I would love to have this framed with the Bible verse printed underneath! What an awesome Creator and Lord we serve!!! ~Jan

Gloria said...

Goregeous photo, and Words to match!!! We all could use a little bit of "HOPE" each day!! I love this scripture. My best friend gave me a picture with this verse on it...:)

Have a wonderful weekend!!

XOXO
Gloria

Kristyn Knits said...

I love that view! you get the most glorious sunrises and then have time to capture them!! a new day, with new mercies. love that. xoxo

Larissa said...

Beautiful capture of the sunrise! oh, how i cherish the start of a new day... Wishing you and your family a wonderful long weekend!

Karen said...

Love this. Also love all the pics, ideas and your craftmanship is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

jo ellen said...

Beautiful picture...my favorite hymn
Great is Thy Faithfulness...I'm humming it as I write this. He is faithful

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post, thank you. Like Jo Ellen, it reminded me of Great is Thy Faithfulness. I love the line, "Morning by morning, thy mercies I see."

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

How could you not feel ready to face whatever the day may bring, looking at a sunrise like that? Beautiful picture.

The WoodLand School said...

Wonderful photo ... and beautiful reminder. Thank you!