Monday, January 19, 2009

VII

I kissed my 6 year old boy good night last night for the last time...today he's my 7 year old boy! I can't believe it's been 7 years since I saw that sweet face for the first time. Happy Birthday to my little guy. He's such a great kid. Here are a couple random facts about him that make him so wonderfully made.

He loves to do puzzles...we call him our puzzler.
He loves anything Star Wars.
He sleeps with toys under his pillow. This is the pile from last night.
He has a favorite bear named Grahamy that he plays with daily. We just celebrated Grahamy's birthday last week.
He is playing basketball for the Red Rockets and loves it. The ball is always bouncing in our house...
He can't watch sports on TV without playing along...
He is becoming a reader!
He gives the best hugs and kisses!
He never remembers to pick up his jammies.
He loves peanut butter and bananas.
He gives the best shoulder rubs.

Happy Birthday John Samuel...we love you so much!

Thanks to the Robbs for their sweet birthday wishes...here's John Samuel reading the Birthday Post.

5 comments:

Christina said...

Birthdays are always happy bitter-sweet days. Thanks for sharing your joy.

Denise said...

and such a handsome guy. My daughter just turned 8 back in Nov, I think this is such a great age. Happy Birthday to your (not so) little man.
:-)

Anonymous said...

happy birthday to the uniquely special kid with the coolest nickname based on his given name, ever in history! jammer ... what is better than that! we love him like he was our own.

Kristyn Knits said...

just a little late commenting...
heartfelt all the same!
love you jammer! glad you had a great day.

Liz said...

I love that he sleeps with toys under his pillow!