Sunday, September 14, 2008

Evangeline

I've finished my Evangeline Mitts. These were a quick knit. I will definitely be knitting some more of these.
Here's the skinny:

Pattern: Evangeline
Mods: I knit 1 extra repeat after I finished the thumb opening.
Yarn: Cascade 220 Paints Londonberry, used just 1/2 of a skein.
Needles: size 7 double points
This is the palm side of them. The extra repeat made them just a little bit longer, covering up some more of my fingers.
My husband mentioned that he thought they were very nice. Always looking for a reason to knit...I asked him if he thought he might want a pair...not with cables of course...but you know I was fishing to see how much he liked them. I said, "If you want a pair you should say something and I'll knit you a pair, if not then I won't. I don't want to knit them if you really don't want them." So he said, "I'm not saying anything." Well. I guess that said it all. Anyways, I really like them. They make knitting outside in the cooler temps a possibility.

I went to my LYS to get some yarn for this. They had nothin'. The owner just recently had back surgery and hadn't wanted a huge order to come in while she was recovering. She said that her superwash order would be in mid-October. Bummer. So I did the next best thing, I came home and cast on for a pair of socks. I think I'll be ordering some yarn soon!


1 comment:

Kristyn Knits said...

how beautiful are those? love them and can't wait to knit them! you just stay one step ahead of me so when I can't figure something out or mess something up you know how to do it or fix it.
you're a great friend!