Tuesday, September 20, 2011

have you any wool? or notebooks? or framed prints?

I love checking things off of a list.  Sometimes I'll even make a list, just so I can check things off of it.  Over the weekend,  I finished up some projects.  -and I checked them off of my list!   I finally framed my wool stitchery.  This is from Wee Wonderfuls and it is just the perfect little piece of needle work.  It stitched up quickly and for right now I'm enjoying it in my craft room.  I bought the frame from Joann's when they were having a 40% off sale.   And I matted it just like Kristyn's.  I loved the figgy pudding fabric that she used, so I shamelessly copied it! 
I also finished a couple more notebook slipcovers.  The blue and yellow one was meant to be for a mini binder, but I measured wrong and so it ended up being a spiral cover.  I used a hair band as an elastic closure.

 I covered the mini binder with an alternate fabric combination.  It holds my church notes.  Every week we get a handout that is hole punched and ready for a notebook and now, I've got one! 

The last little project that I completed this weekend was to print off one of Becky Higgins' comfort prints. (thanks Becky!)  I simply printed off a 5X7 size and popped it into a frame.  I love this quote.  Don't you agree that home is just the best comfort?

So, I don't know about you, but I'll keep on marching through this week and see what else I can check off the to-do list.  I hope that you're enjoying the comforts of home this week as we enter into autumn! (and I hope your list is getting shorter along the way!)  Happy days to you all! 

10 comments:

Denise said...

I'm trying to get lots of Christmas knits done still! Love your little cross stitch, that's something I've never had the patience for!

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Love the binder covers! They just add so much. Hopefully you have a wonderful week full of lots of crossing off :).

Christina said...

Oh, I LOVE checking things off a list too! : ) Thank you for sharing the lovely projects you completed; your work is beautiful and inspiring as always.

p.s. I *think* that quotation comes from Emma, where John Knightly (the famous Mr. Knightly's brother) is warmly defending the joys of not going out in inclement weather for parties. Hmm...you may have started me on a search...

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Your home is so cozy and inviting. And you put such a nice touch on everything -- from the little framed prints to the saying on the wall to your sweet notebook covers to your cross-stitching. Love this style.

Stephanie said...

I LOVE your cross stitching, so cute!

Kristyn Knits said...

Looks like the creativity is flowing at your house. You've become quite the machine with the notebook covers! Love the navy and yellow (can't wait to make the time to make my purple and green). Looks like the school routine is agreeing with you. Happy Day to you!

Green Acres in the City said...

Oh how you make me want to get my stitching out. Love the binder covers.

Ellen said...

I agree! Jane's quote is wonderful.

Gigi said...

Cute cute little cross stitch! Love the way you framed it too. And yes, we love wool!
The Jane Austen quote is one of my favorites too. In fact, I have it on the bulletin board by my computer desk. 'Great minds . . .', you think ;)?
Blessings,
GG

trish said...

Your projects are all so nice. :O)
What a darling cross stitch. And I especially love your binder covers. I am in need of creating one for an upcoming trip. You have inspired me. :o)
Have a lovely weekend.
Sincerely, Trish