- making sure that I cultivate my relationship with the Lord through my quiet time and study
- being a good, attentive wife (which does take time you realize),
- being a good, attentive mother
- keeping school as a focus (ton of weekday time here!)
- keeping the house (which includes cleaning, organizing, meals, grocery shopping, laundry...- some of this is delegated, but still one of my priorities)
- being a good friend (daughter, aunt, sister,godmother) who takes the time to be interested and involved
I'm hoping my list will keep me accountable. That if one or more of the areas on my list starts to slide, I'll adjust my time and attention & get things back into order. See, I have a tendency to let my projects get the best of me...the best of my time and my attention and then I'm not my best for the really important things in my life, like my family and my friends. I get satisfaction in checking things off my list...you can't check off relationships. So, as John and I were taking a walk and talking the other day I asked him to help me keep things in check. You know not get out of whack with my to do list. He's good at helping me see what I can handle and what I just need to let go of. I can say no and I can cross things off my list...I just need help sometimes in order to be able to let something go.
Now, I do have a tangible list of things that I also want to keep up with in the new year and they include, but aren't limited to: (see that loophole there...I've got to be careful)
- scrap booking, card making
These are my creative outlet things...but I've got to remember that they come secondary to my non-negotiable list. I just need to keep things in the right order. right?!
In the meantime, I still have this cross stitch thing I want to
lose finish and I'm working on my Project 365. So I'm a bit reluctant to get myself into too many other projects. I do need to get a new knitting project going though and I mentioned this to John. He replied with, "I thought you weren't adding any new projects?" Hello. I meant, I'm not going to start spinning my own yarn and dying it. I have to have a knitting project for all these long distance basketball games we're going to be traveling to! Well, I'm off to work on dinner and look on Ravelry for a new knitting project. Here's to a great new year full of all the important things in life!